Help Under One Roof
From here on, young people will have a place where they can find trust. Where people understand. Care. Share the wisdom and encouragement to keep going. Keep growing. Within its doors will be:
- A free walk-in Teen Health Center — located near the main entrance on the first floor to facilitate access for residents and other young people in need of primary and preventive care services.
- The runaway program — to guide young people under 18 to safe housing and where possible, to family re-unification.
- Truancy intervention — to remove barriers to regular attendance at school.
- Street outreach offices — outreach workers who provide support, encouragement and referrals to the services at the Center for Changing Lives.
- Oh No 18 (ONE) — to prepare young people aging out of foster care with education, support and case management, as they get ready to move into independent lives.
- Together for Youth — a support group for gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender young people.
- Safe Place offices — an initiative to provide young people in crisis with trained help within 30 minutes.
- Eight Transitional Housing Units and Two Emergency Beds — to serve approximately 40 young people each year. Each young person will have his or her own bedroom. Shared space will include a kitchen, pantry, communal living area, bathroom, laundry, library, computer lab and other resource space. Transitional housing will be staffed 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Ten Affordable Supportive Housing Units — with a bedroom, full bathroom, eat-in kitchen and living area. Access to community space, a rooftop deck, laundry facilities and storage area. Supportive services will help residents thrive in our community.
Who it Will Support? >